I participated in this online symposium Monday (see flyer below).
I was going to go in, but decided that I didn’t want to attend in person.
They had a few different women who were in recovery and/or recovered.
Some interesting quotes:
- ED always held me back
- I had to identify my passion
- You have to create your own path to recovery
- The process is retraining your brain
- I lost my identity when I gave power to my eating disorder
- My mom is the reason I’m alive
- Eating Disorders don’t make sense. If they start making sense, you are in big trouble.
- I have a lot of resentment towards myself and what I put my family through but have more resentment toward my ED
- My dad was really angry and my mom was really scared
- Don’t let your mind bully your body
- There is not much help for parents. They need help too.
- It shaped my life. When you listen to yourself and not the disorder you can become a better person.
Hearing other people is helpful. Inspirational. Scary.
I was able to connect with some new people.
I have also started my online support email group.
If you are interested, please email me email@example.com.